I was fortunate to be given the chance to attend the TRLN (Triangle Research Libraries Network – Duke Uni, North Carolina Central Uni, North Carolina State Uni, UNC Chapel Hill) Management Academy. It was held at the Paul J Rizzo Conference Center (Chapel Hill, NC, USA) from 26 – 30 Oct 2015.
TRLN 2015 participants
This course was very beneficial to me as it opened up new insights, ideas and knowledge on leadership and management in the field of librarianship. On top of that, it provided me with the platform to network with library professionals from North America and Canada. (I discovered that I was the only one from outside the States).
Some of the learning objectives include:
- budgetary processes and practices
- leadership values as applied to library financial management
- Leading and influencing others
- Building effective working relationships
- Change management
- Project Management
Our trainers include:
- Bob Dugan, Dean of Libraries, Uni of West Florida
- Roger Mayer, Prof, Graduate Faculty, Management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, North Carolina State Uni
- Pat Wagner, Educator and Instructional Producer, Pattern Research Inc
- Richard Blackburn, Assoc Prof, Org Behavior, Uni of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Me and some of the important people of TRLN
There was a panel session where participants have the chance to interact with the 4 big-wigs (directors) from the 4 uni libraries. They include:
Panel session with 4 library directors
- Carolyn Argentati, NCSU
- Deborah Jakubs, Duke Uni
- Sarah Michalak, UNC
- Theodosia Shields, NC Central Uni
We were also given a tour of the majestic James B Hunt Jr Library, NCSU.
NCSU, Hunt Library
Hunt Library – Book Bot
Random pictures of TRLN
Special thanks to my library director and manager for their continuous support.
Participants List and Alumni. This was the 2015 information and application process.