Managing tasks with ‘disruptive’ technology
This may sound cliche: I am swamped with project work, routine tasks, meetings, supervision work…and the list goes on. I have tried a number of methods: from pen and paper, MS Outlook folder and other productivity tools to help me keep track of stuff. One such tool that has helped me so far is Trello.
There are a number of Trello features that contribute to this. Here’s one of Trello’s feature: (Oh for those who would like to know more about Trello, here’s a link to guide you.)
Delegate a task via email and with the help of Trello, get it ‘pushed’ into your ToDo Board.
Here’s how my Trello board looks like:
Suppose if I need to email and delegate a task to another staff, I’ll open MS OutLook and begin writing the email. Once completed, here’s what I do:
- Open my Trello ToDo board. Locate the Show Menu (somewhere near the top right of the screen) and click on it.
- Click More and “Email-to-board” settings.
- Ensure the Cards appear in the correct Column:
- Copy and paste the “Email Address for Board” into your BCC field of the email.
- If successfully executed, the email should appear under the correct column.
Hope this simple stuff helps.