We decided to go for Proquest 360 Resource Manager. One of the advantages is that we are currently using 360 Core, 360 Marc Updates and Summon; all on the same platform and vendor. Thus seamless integration.
Now that I have finished the recommendation report, I am planning the Implementation Phase of this ERMS. Exciting times.
The road ahead will be challenging and hopefully rewarding. Given that we only have a small team with varied expertise level, there will be some learning curve (hopefully NOT a steep one). Thinking back, it was interesting to note the technologies that we had used before in relation to ERM:
- Innovative Millennium ERM > Replaced by Proquest 360 Resource Manager
- CASE > Replaced by Proquest 360 Core
- Encore > Replaced by Proquest Summon
- MS Outlook > Complimenting the future ERMS
- MS Sharepoint > Storage point
as well as the challenges that we faced.
I’m thankful and glad to have the opportunity of leading those projects listed above.