Just completed my first draft of my paper entitled: An Exploratory study on the use of LibAnswers to Resolve, Track and Monitor Electronic Resources Issues: The KAUST Library experience. Researched on the most common questions related to E-Resources as well as making recommendations for service improvement in this area.
What I found:
- 32% of the submitted questions are related to electronic resources issue
- Access issues (17%)
- Link issues (4%)
- New e-resource title recommendations (3%)
- Peak Months: August – Oct as well as Jan – March
- Most questions were asked on Sundays and Wednesdays
- Daily Peak timings: 10am – 12pm and 2pm – 4pm.
Drill Down on Access Issues:
- Denied access to e-resource
- Setting up / Registration issues
- Downloading e-journal articles / ebook chapters
- Excessive Downloading
- Broken Links
Turnaround time to resolve the e-resource questions: Approx 12 hours
For further discussion(s)/suggestions:
- To have a consistent / controlled vocabulary in tagging the questions
- User Empowerment to resolve straightforward issues themselves. We are creating a libguide to address this.
- Social media integration
- Implementing Libanswers’ Ref Analytics feature
- Regular sharing sessions with library staff
- Knowledge audit of library staff understanding of electronic resources
The article can be found here.